Here are a few things we mentioned in Sunday nights “State of Church Address”, just in case you missed it:
- In the past 12 month period we have seen an average attendance increase of 113.3 percent. Our average Sunday morning attendence now stands at 32. Our goal for the next 12 month period will be to increase our average Sunday morning attendance to 40 people by the end of September, 2009.
- We must remember our Mission Statement and it’s ultimate purpose which is to fulfill the Great Commission of Jesus Christ.
- We have seen quite of bit of spiritual growth. People have been saved and have turned from sin. The Lord has delivered people from adultery, drug and alcohol abuse, and many other sins. Some, on the other hand, have not progressed in their spiritual growth and maturity. We must strive to grow spiritually. We can do this by faithful church participation, daily Bible study and devotions with God, and prayer.
- Financially, our church needs to bring in an average of $260 per week to continue ministry at our current level. This takes all expenses into consideration. Faithful tithing will insure that finances are not a problem in the future.
- We need more motivation on behalf of our building fund. It has been well published that our church has a vision, but not many can say what that vision is. We need a goal for our building fund. We must set this goal at $30,000, which is a figure that I feel is attainable for us within a reasonable time period. This is certainly no guarentee that we will be able to purchase a piece of land for this price, but it gives us something to strive for. That’s something we’ve not had. We currently have in our building fund $2608, which is 9 percent of our $30,000 goal. Let’s be motivated and zealous about raising the other 91 percent as timely as possible.
- Our church needs more infrastructure. We need people to fill Biblical offices (such as that of deacon). This is something that requires much prayer. Also, I feel that we need to encourage more people to join the church, because considering the dynamics of a small ministry such as The Free Gift Gospel Mission, it is imperative to our Mission Statement.
- Our youth ministry is strong, but we must keep our youth busy for the Lord. This will involve taking a deeper and more personal approach in the way we minister to our young people. With our recent starting of a youth fund, we can look into group outtings and missionary work in the future.
- Sunday school has progressed in the last 12 months. We now have 3 Sunday school classes and could actually form one more with a little more help.
- Our foreign missions support was non-existent 12 months ago. Today we support the Alvarado Family in their work in Eastern Europe (mainly Turkey and Bulgaria). With faithful tithing support we can consider taking on more missionaries in the future.
- Domestic Missions are strong. We maintain 2 weekly radio broadcasts. We’ve been able to support various local ministers in their work for the Lord. We have taken steps to help with such things as Downes Syndrome aid, local hunger, and homeless ministry through the Haven of Mercy (which we will do a drive for the entire month of November). We still need to establish a greater presence in the community. Remeber the question I asked? If The Free Gift Gospel Mission was gone tomorrow, do you think anyone would miss us and be sad to see us go? If the answer is “no”, then we are not doing enough in the community.
- We need to focus more attention on our ministry to widows and visitation. Our CD ministry also could use a revival. Let’s get our CD ministry going strong. CD’s are available for free. Take a CD and give it to someone. Maybe they’ll listen and decide to come to church, or better, accept Christ.
- In the last 12 months, we baptized 6 people. Let’s set our goal at 7 for the next 12 months.
- The foundation of our ministry must continue to be the Lord Jesus Christ and the preaching of the Word of God.
Many other things were also addressed, but these are just some of the highlights. We’ve came a long way in just 12 months and we still have a long way to go. I want to encourage you all who attend our church to have an attitude of churchmanship, which simply means that if we want this church to go forward and succeed, we must believe in it, and treat it as if there is nothing like it, and take the approach that The Free Gift Gospel Mission is what we believe to be the best church around, because of Jesus Christ!
The mission of The Free Gift Gospel Mission is not something that we wake up one morning and have accomplished at it’s over, but it’s a life work that takes place for the rest of our lives, and it’s the legacy that we ought to want to leave for our children. If we stay the coarse, keep focused on Jesus Christ, we WILL continue successfully into the future. If we take our eyes off of Jesus Christ and become lazy, complacent, and indifferent, we will fail without a doubt. We must live for Jesus Christ, love Jesus Christ and desire Jesus Christ, and if we do, He will guide us safely into the future.
Love In Christ,